Our mission is to develop, market, and promote a line of biologically based environment-friendly products for pest control and environmental protection. BioProdex’s first commercial product is SolviNix® LC, a plant virus-based bioherbicide,SolviNix ® LC, technology was developed by Dr. Charudattan and his research team at the University of Florida-Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences. BioProdex holds the exclusive license to this technology from the University of Florida Research Foundation, a minority shareholder in the company.
- Registration and use of SolviNix in countries where tropical soda apple poses problems.
- Determination of the feasibility of using SolviNix to control other solanaceous weeds besides tropical soda apple.
- Microbe-infused organic mulches to control weeds and root diseases in crops and home gardens.
- Bioactive microorganisms that produce novel biochemicals with potential applications as pesticides, plant growth regulators, plant health promoters, or pharmaceuticals.
- Development of Verticillium nonalfalfae as a bioherbicide for tree-of-heaven, Ailanthus altissima.